Marsh Lake

August 5-9, 2013

My favorite trip growing up was Marsh Lake, hands down.  It was my favorite for many reasons, but I have pin-pointed just a few:
  • No cell-phone reception.  This makes it so you have to disconnect with the rest of the world and zero in on relationships that mean the most.
  • Down-time and Stuff to Do.  Perfect Mix of Relaxation and stuff to do.  No stress to fit everything in, just do it at your leisure.
  • Great Outdoors.  I love seeing the sunsets, smelling the pine trees and looking at beauty all around that was created by God just for me.
  • Best Food.  Yep, no questions about it, the best food of the entire year.  We ate way too much for sure.
  • Campfire Time.  This is my favorite time to chat with those I love the most.  There is something magical about the campfire.
  • Canoeing.  I like fishing, but I LOVE canoeing.  I think the love was started during my canoe trip in the Boundary Waters a few years back.
  • The Sound of the Wind.  It is so quiet up there you can hear the wind through the trees, and I have never heard it quite the same as when I am up at Marsh Lake.
  • Treasure Hunt.  Always corny clues, but so fun that everyone gets excited about getting a cheap little prize.
  • Gummy Worm Fairy.  This is the person who brings gummy worms for those that straighten their tent and sleeping bags in the morning.
  • People.  I love the people that I got to spend the week with.  Some of my favorite in the entire world.
Here some snapshots of the adventure.


Our living quarters for the week.


Evening stroll by the lake, in a breath-taking sunset.



Hyrum caught his first fish with Daddy and Papa Dave.


I loved watching my Aunt S snuggle with Baby Afton.  It warmed my heart because it was just like my mom was snuggling her.


Uncle B made his famous lasagna!




I thought it was hilarious how all the little kids looked like racoons with dirt around their eyes.  I tried to give my kids a baby wipe bath, but they were dirty two seconds after.  In the words of Aunt Karen, "Oh Well!"  That is what camping is for, right?



Afton had her first canoe ride with Hyrum, Blaine, and me.





Afton with Papa Dave


By the end of the trip we were all ready for a bath and some better sleep, but we will have such happy memories of our Marsh Lake 2013 trip!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I want to know how you camped for a week with your tiny kids?! I'm terrified of camping with our kids!

    ReplyDelete