Funny Dad

Sunday, July 7, 2013

It started after we got married.  One day, I realized just how funny the man is that I married.  I think we were getting ready for bed one night, or maybe we were getting ready for school.  That's it, I think we were getting ready for school.  Blaine came into the kitchen where I was getting food ready.  I looked at him and something wasn't quite right.  I gazed over him then noticed his hair, and his pants.  His hair looked kind of crazy and his pants were pulled up way too high.  "Did he mean to do his hair like that?" "Is he going to wear his pants out in public like that?"  These, along with others, were unspoken thoughts that went through my head.  I think Blaine could tell I was confused and baffled.  Then finally a smile creeped over his face until the moment that I was pretty sure he was kidding.  I think I blushed until I started laughing and I felt relieved that, "Yes, Blaine does know how to dress and do his hair. Phew!" 

Ever since that moment, he continues to sneak in funny hair-do's and crazy outfits when I am least expecting it.  Lately, he has been pulling in Hyrum and Afton in on the joke.

This particular Sunday night, I came in from taking out the trash or something and found Afton, in her pack-n-play like this.





Later, when Blaine was brushing Hyrum's teeth, they both came out of the bathroom like this.





It is moments like this that help me remember to laugh more, and take life less seriously.  I am grateful I have a funny husband, and my kids have a funny dad to help remind us just how good life really is.  Thanks Blaine for all the crazy hair-do laughs!

No comments:

Post a Comment