Mesa Falls

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Today was an adventurous day for us.  We went with a "Hiking Group" from my ward,(which consisted of about 8 to 10 moms and their kids), to Mesa Falls.  We went on a short walk to the falls, then had a picnic on a grassy area. The mosquitos were bad, but the company was great.  After most of the group left for home, my friend Darcy and I took our kids on a hike from the upper falls to the lower falls.  We sang songs to keep the bears away, and found all kinds of interesting ways to keep our kids walking!  It was fun to be in the great outdoors!  This makes me so excited for camping this summer!

 Have you ever read the book "Lean on Me" by Jack Weyland?  This is the spot where I imagine the ring was dropped!

 Me and my two little adventurous hikers

 Some of our best friends, Tui and Darcy



Hyrum at on the porch of the Mesa Falls Museum.  I love to see him looking at and being excited for things in the outdoors.

2 comments:

  1. kristin martha! what a fun adventure. and beautiful photos! you are getting so good. i do love the one of hyrum. cant wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that you referenced Lean on Me! i love that book, and i can totally picture that scene :) hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete