Happy Birthday Blaine!

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Today my sweetheart turned 26!  It is funny, a couple of weeks ago he asked me how old we were, and I had to tell him we were 25 but soon, he would be 26.  When you get in your twenties, people stop asking you how old you are all the time.  Funny the things you forget when you aren't mentioning them on a regular basis.

As soon as Blaine was done with school, we spent the rest of the day together.  We surprised Blaine by taking him on a birthday adventure.  We went to Egin Lakes, one of Idaho's best kept secrets.  It's a lake in the sand dunes that is shallow all the way across, only being 2 to 3 feet deep everywhere!


Blaine and Hyrum were busy for an hour or more making a sand castle with Blaine's new beach toys.




This is one of my favorite "Hyrum looks".


The handsome birthday boy...I just can't get enough of that smile!


Afton spent the afternoon sunbathing on the beach!



I think just because I am a King girl, I had to take at least one "feet picture"!


I spent the afternoon taking snapshots of the surroundings.


 That evening, some of our friends came over and enjoyed chocolate peanut butter ganache cake, (one of Blaine's favorites) with us and our babies.
Blaine and I talked about how we want to make it a new tradition on our birthdays to have a fun adventure that we go on as a family.  Instead of buying lots of presents, we would rather make memories together.  I was reminded today of just how lucky I am to have this handsome 26 year old in my life, forever!
Happy Birthday Blaine!

1 comment:

  1. It's so true about the age thing! I always forget how old I am now.

    Your kids are getting so big and so cute!! We wish we lived close to you guys so they could play :)

    ReplyDelete