Winter is long but it's Wonderful...

January 2017

I said to Blaine on January 2, 2017 and I quote, "I am ready to be done with Winter.  I am ready for Spring."

Blaine kindly reminded me that we had 3 more months of winter at that point :)  I don't know what it has been about this winter, the negative degrees consistently, the lack of sunshine, or the wind but it has made me really evaluate if I am tough enough to live in Idaho the rest of my life.

Tonight as I reminisce about the season, I am reminded about all the fun times we have had.  It has been a blessing to have a backyard for my kids to play in.  We have loved shoveling our driveway...a first for us!  My kids have stayed outside until they were way past cold building, and creating and playing in the snow.  It is magical to have so much snow.  I am grateful for this season.  I know I will be ready for sunshine, but for now I should just be content, shouldn't I?!



 ^Isn't the view from our backyard so magnificent?






No comments:

Post a Comment