I love my life!

February 2017

Last month I went to counseling.  I realized that I had many fears associated with my mother's death that were now hitting me because I ama mom, in a similar stage of life, as my mom was when she passed away.  Does that make any sense?

I had gone to this counselor before when I struggled with postpartum depression.  This counselor is a professor at BYU-Idaho who also runs his own private practice.  I love that he is able to help shine truth learned from the scriptures and the gospel and apply it to the real life problems and troubles we face.

I am in the process now of writing a paper on the lessons I learned from counseling.  I hope they will continue to help me and others.

I am not perfect at living in faith, or enjoying every moment, but I do feel like I have started to live life more to the fullest since I went a few weeks ago.

These past few days I have been so tired and haven't felt the best.  (Hello life with 3 kids and 3rd trimester of pregnancy, right?) I feel like the past few days I have just felt grumpy.  Tonight as I went into my laundry room and found clothes everywhere, including a mix of clean and dirty clothes together, I was so happy.  As I sorted the clothes back to where they should go, a smile crept up on my face.  I realized that I am so happy to have 3 little mess makers at my house.  I love this stage of life.  I am trying to figure out how to love it with the messes.  I do value order a lot, and I do feel like cleanliness is next to godliness.  I just need to figure out how to help my house feel orderly without getting overly stressed when there are messes.  Afterall, these littles won't be littles forever.  I know I will miss this stage of having my three little stooges running around making a ruckus everywhere they go.

 ^Afty with my clothes on :)


 ^This sweet little boy brings sunshine to my life everyday.  One of his gifts is helping people realize that "life is to be enjoyed, not just endured" -Gordon B. Hinckley

 ^Afty playing the pie face game.  Have you ever played it?  It's a riot!

^I took the three stooges to Target with me.  They loved trying on the the cool hats.  I will miss when I can't fit all my kids in one cart :)

No comments:

Post a Comment