Our Not So Little 6 Yr. Old

January 28, 2016

I have a 6 year old.  I can't believe it.  It seems like just yesterday I was holding this new baby in my arms, straight from heaven.  I remember the way our eyes met as we gazed into the other's for what seemed like forever.  Time stood still as I met my sweet Hyrum.

Today, I celebrate his birthday!  He is 6 years old.  He is energetic and fun.  He is such a good big brother.  He loves learning about the gospel.  He is very attentive and has an impeccable memory.  He is very aware of his surroundings.  He is the best big brother in the whole world!

He invited a few friends over to play in the snow and have "camo cake" the day before his birthday.  He wanted donuts and cheesy scrambled eggs and chocolate milk for breakfast.  We went on a treasure hunt to find his treasure chest that he wanted for his birthday that had gold chocolates in it.  Blaine took him night skiing for his birthday night.  The day after his birthday, we had some family over to watch "The Hyrum Movie" while we ate popcorn and had some of Hyrum's favorite treats (he loves sour gummy worms right now). 

I love this boy so much.  I don't always take the time to get down and play with him like I should, but I am always glad when I do.  I can't believe a 3rd of the time I get to have him in our house is already gone.  My how time flies.  I love the little man he is becoming and count myself so lucky to be his mama!

 ^This is the first birthday cake that actually looked like what Hyrum wanted!  I was excited to make this simple, but fun looking cake!

^All of us got our own spray bottles with colored water to paint the snow with

 ^Let's just say the kids painted a little more than the snow....windows, other people's faces...I was laughing so hard.  Good thing it was just food coloring and water!


 ^ I love that Hyrum is a friend to people of all ages.  This boy is 9.  His name is Corbyn and Hyrum adores him.  Corbyn made him feel so special when he came to his party!


No comments:

Post a Comment