Ugly Sweater Ward Party

December 2013

After tonight's Christmas party with our ward, I have new friends and I feel much more unified with the people that I worship with each Sunday.

The youth planned the Christmas party this year, and it was hands down, the coolest, best ward party that I have EVER been to.

The theme was "Christmas morning". We had breakfast food for dinner and had a ward karaoke sing-a-long.  Each of the age groups learned fun dances or songs for entertainment.  Our ward has enough talented musicians that we had an orchestra perform while we were eating.

My favorite part of the night was that ward members could be seen in ugly sweaters or pajamas.  One lady in my ward wore footed pajamas...yes that's right...the ones that zip up all the way from foot to head...yes one piece footed pajamas.  Such a fun evening of laughing and being with my ward members.

I wore this ugly sweater to the party, compliments of my awesome sister in law Jamie.  The sweater had already won 2 "Ugliest Sweater" contests, so I thought it was a good candidate!


Yes this ugly sweater vest is embellished with tinsel.  And yes, I did wear my hear in a side pony tail to the party.  I didn't want people to look at me and think, "Is that Kristin girl serious?  Is that sweater supposed to be a joke or is it part of her wardrobe?"  The side pony tail took it over the top so people knew that it was an "ugly sweater" and that I acknowledged it was "an ugly sweater"!

Probably the best part of this ugly sweater are the mini stockings hanging from the bottom of it all the way around the back of the vest!


I feel like with this sweater vest, I just had to have a creepy picture like this one of me creeping out from the tree to say, "hello!"

1 comment:

  1. im trying to kee myself from peeing my pants of laughter

    ReplyDelete