November 2013

November 1-26, 2013

Because I am so behind on blogging, I picked my favorite snapshots from the month leading up to Thanksgiving.  Enjoy the randomness and the little pieces of heaven in our life here in Rexburg.

Bubble Blowing

I had so much fun chewing bubble gum that matched my shirt one night.  Blaine and I had a bubble blowing contest and I won with the biggest bubble!  This meant I also had the most to clean off my face too!


 

Shirt Wigs

My kids used to hate when I would pull their shirts off at night to get their jammies on, especially when the shirts would get stuck on their heads.  Blaine and I started laughing at the way they looked because they look hilarious!  Now they kind of like when they get the shirt stuck on their heads, and Hyrum runs around the house until every member has seen his shirt wig!

"Go Get a Tissue!"

Hyrum is such a good little helper.  He goes and gets diapers when we need them.  We have had runny noses non-stop since November at our house.  A common phrase Hyrum will hear when he tells us his nose is runny is "Go get a tissue!  This particular night, this is the tissue he brought out of the bathroom.  The photo below shows how useful the tissue was....he still found another place to put those boogers!



Afton's First Teeth

Afton got her first two teeth on the bottom of her mouth this month!  This is her first tooth-brushing escapade!

Quote of the Month

"Dad, my tongue got an outchy on it...KISS IT BETTER!"


Summer in November

This particular November day was absolutely perfect weather.  After going for a walk, I got Blaine, Afton and Hyrum to come enjoy the perfect day out on our lawn in the sunshine and slight breeze.






Where's Afton?

One Saturday morning, we heard Afton squak but we couldn't find her anywhere.  After a minute of looking, we found her stuck under the exer-saucer.  This is the face she made as we were pulling her out.


Making Applesauce

Apples from Mama and Papa Murray's trees turned into the most delicious canned applesauce!


 

 11/12/13

Blaine turned this day into the most special little dinner party, complete with "Dated Breadsticks!"



Brother/Sister Love

These are the moments when the craziness of having two little ones close in age all disappears and I realize how worth it it is.



First Snow Day!

Hyrum did the funniest little happy dance on our bed this morning when we opened the blinds and showed him the snow!  "I get to wear my snowboots?!" is what we heard come from his mouth.

These snapshots are the discovery that happened as Hyrum opened the door and Afton saw and felt snow for the first time.





Little Laundry Helper

Afton started being so into laundry baskets!  Literally!  I come out from the bathroom or from doing something in another room to find her hunched over the laundry basket pulling everything out, or putting things in, or tipping the basket over, or crawling into it.  She is my little laundry helper.  This particular day, I think she played with this laundry basket for at least 45 minutes!  I guess it is not such a bad thing that I don't put the laundry away right after it is done.


Decorating for Christmas

We wanted to put up some Christmas decorations before we went out of town for Thanksgiving.  Here is a glimpse of the holiday cheer coming...Hyrum's face describes how happy we felt that Christmas is coming!





2 comments:

  1. I'm loving those breadsticks! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys make me smile. I loved your dinner in 11.12.13. Can't wait to see you soon

    ReplyDelete