How we will survive the snow....

December 2013

If you haven't collected this from past posts, I will preface this particular post with this fact:  Hyrum is in love with his trike!

Last summer, he would ride his trike at least once a day, sometimes two or three times.  I got nervous with the snow coming that we would have to pack the trike away for the winter and forget it.

I know I was inspired this particular day with an idea, that I know was not my own idea, but that came from a loving Heavenly Father who knows how much my little boy loves his trike.  This Heavenly Father also knows how much he has been missing riding his trike.

We tried to get out his trike and ride through the snow this day, only to find how hard it was for Hyrum's little legs to pedal through the slush and snow.  As I pushed Afton in the stroller, Hyrum continued to get further and further behind.  I looked down and realized the little strap connected to the stroller.  This strap is made to be used when jogging.  You are usually supposed to connect the strap to your wrist.  Then if the stroller gets away from you, your baby doesn't cruise down the hill without you.



Today the idea came, again, not my own idea, to connect the stroller strap to Hyrum's trike handles.  Hyrum quickly seemed pleased with the result and as a mom, I quickly found this brilliant idea to be the source of happiness and comfort, knowing that THIS IS HOW WE WILL SURVIVE WINTER!  Hyrum doesn't have to pack his trike away for the winter.  Instead, as I push the stroller, I can give him a little help with pedaling, and we can still go for strolls up the street, or around the block, or wherever our hearts desire that moment.

 

The strap is in the perfect spot.  Even though it is between the stroller and Hyrum's trike, it doesn't trip me when I am pushing the stroller.


Afton is happy with the idea too, because this means she gets to go out for walks this winter while her big brother rides his trike!



Our walk this particular day was so fun.  We made our way around the block and enjoyed a beautiful sunset stroll before Blaine got home for dinner.





Today, I am thanking Heavenly Father for his love through little ideas that come to a mother in Rexburg, who needs to get outside with her boy and his trike!

1 comment:

  1. Love this & love you & those sweet kids. Heavenly Father is soo good to us!

    ReplyDelete