Decorating the Christmas Tree

December 2013

Everything about Christmastime is sooooo magical.  Especially with little kids!

We decided to start a new tradition this year that includes eating homemade cinnamon rolls and sipping hot cocoa while decorating the tree.  After the tree was set up, we had a dance party while watching the reflection of the colored christmas lights on our wall.  What a magical night!

These pictures include some of my favorite moments from tonight:

 I love how carefully Hyrum put up each candy cane!  He is such an observant little boy.  He definitely pays attention to detail.


I love the tradition from Blaine's childhood of hanging candy canes on the tree and sharing them with each guest that comes to visit during the Christmas season!  We adopted that tradition and is so fun!

 Sweet Afton was feeling a bit sleepy during all of this and just wanted her thumb and snuggle time with Daddy!


Hyrum enjoying sips of hot cocoa and homemade cinnamon rolls in between hanging, and I must add snacking, on the candy canes!
 


  Love seeing Afton touch and study Christmas lights for the first time!


Dance Party to Christmas music for the first time this Christmas season!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Kristin-- I just love you a million billion! I'm going to steal the candy cane idea. I love it! Thank you for always reminding me to try a little harder to be the mom I always hoped to be. Love love love!

    ReplyDelete