My Birthday

October 11, 2013

I turned 26 years old today.  I feel like when I was a teenager, 26 years old seemed so far away.  My, does time go fast.

I love birthdays.  My mom and dad made them a huge deal for us.  I just think birthdays are the best day of the year!  No matter how old I get, I will always get little excited butterflies come each October for my special day.

Here are some recaps of the day.

I woke up to faint noises of Hyrum and Blaine in the kitchen baking something.  I heard Hyrum say, "Can I have a cinnamon roll yet?"  I was hoping this is what we were having for breakfast.  I got excited and fell back asleep.

At around 9 a.m., Blaine and Hyrum brought me breakfast in bed.  Sure enough, it was cinnamon rolls with cheesy scrambled eggs.  YUM!


 We started a new tradition that on birthdays, we get "Breakfast in Bed" for the whole family.  Each member of the family gets to eat breakfast in the birthday person's bed.  So all 4 of us were piled on to our bed!  It was so fun!




Then I got ready for the day, and did something I had been wanting to do for a few weeks.  And that it, custom fit my shoes.  I found these sassy pink shoes at D.I. for $2 but they were a little bit snug.  My sister in law told me a trick that if you blow dry them for 5-10 minutes while they are on your feet with 4 pairs of socks on, it stretches them out.  I tried it and it worked!  I got to wear my new pink sassy shoes to the park!


I came out of the bathroom to find Blaine decorating some cupcakes for us to take to the park.  He was personalizing each cupcake.  He is so cute.







We then met my friend Darcy and her two boys at the park.  Darcy also has a birthday today, so we played at the park with our boys and then celebrated with cupcakes.  The party didn't last long because it was really chilly outside. 

Blaine came home after class and made me lunch.

Then I had one of my favorite friends stop by with a note and some delicious chocolate ice cream.  We got to visit for a few minutes.

I got to take a nap in the afternoon.

Then we went to the last Farmer's Market of the season.  We tried roasted corn on the cob for the first time.  Hyrum loved this, and practically ate the whole cob while I was chatting with some new friends.  Also at the Farmer's Market was this cute little stand that sold tons of headbands for little girls.  I found some good bargains for Afton to sport around.

We got Costa Vida sweet pork salads for dinner and made some french bread pizza for Hyrum.

Then I had an old friend stop by with some homemade pie!  What a labor of love.  I have never made homemade pie before so this was a tasty treat.

I got to talk to everyone in my family, excluding my siblings on a mission.  This was so fun to catch up and receive birthday wishes from the people that mean the most to me.  I also got to talk to some of Blaine's family.  They are so thoughtful and I feel so loved from them too.

I also got a couple of messages from dear friends.  I love birthday phone calls.  They make me feel so special.



To end the night, we celebrated with chex pie, complete with homemade hot fudge on top,  one of my favorites. 


 
We had a sleepover in our front room, because this is one of my favorite birthday pasttimes.

What a Happy Birthday!

1 comment: