Getting Festive

October 2013

I come from a very festive heritage!  Grandma Allen, and especially my mother were so festive.  My sisters are extremely festive. My dad and brothers have festiveness in their blood.  My family members are always making little events so fun.

For the past few years, I have felt like there has been some festiveness missing in my life.  Finishing up school, being married, and being a mommy has kept me busy and tired.  I have definitely been lacking in the "festive department".

I am not in school anymore and spend more time around the house.  Hyrum is getting to the age where he loves to do fun, new things.

This year, starting with the fall/Halloween season, I have a goal to be more festive by doing the following things:
  1. Decorate my house for each holiday on a budget.
  2. Find fun holiday activities to do and participate in with each member of my family.
  3. Find little ways to make holidays more magical by the energy and attitude I have towards them.
I have already started practicing being more festive.  Here are some pictures that illustrate the "Allen festiveness" that is coming alive in my home.

Afton in a Halloween outfit from Grandma Sherri.  She has worn it 3 times this October so far!

window clings from the dollar store

Decorating Halloween sugar cookies for F.H.E.


Blaine's 2013 half and half pumpkin
Ready to eat the sugar cookies he helped mom make!
Hyrum with his sugar cookies.  There was about a pound of red and green sprinkles on each cookie!

 
Our Halloween sweetie!
It's fun to be festive if I do say so myself!

2 comments:

  1. Adorable!!!! I LOVE holidays. Your children will remember those memories-- good mommy!

    ReplyDelete