Total Eclipse

August 21, 2017

Blaine took his finals last week!  I am so proud of him for finishing his first semester of the PTA program!

To celebrate, we headed to Idaho for the Total Solar Eclipse.  It is so cool that "the band of totality" went right through our stomping grounds!

We camped in Grandma Munns backyard. I always love being there.  Something about being in farm country is such good medicine for my soul.  Plus I love Grandma Munns with all my heart!  She is the only living grandma I have had in my adult life.  I feel like we are good friends.  I hope I can be buddies with my grandkids someday!

We also got to see some other family and friends that we love.  All in all it was a good trip.

On a side note, the total eclipse was amazing.  Some of my favorite parts of the event were the sudden dropping of the temperature, the sunset that wrapped around the entire sky (like 360 degrees) and the diamond ring effect.  It was phenomenal and it felt like time stopped for a few minutes.

 ^Blaine go the essentials, in case a fire happened during the eclipse.  He was ready :)




 ^Grandma Munns is a little whipper snapper and is so young at heart.  She is the funnest host and is such a party animal!



 ^My nephews were so funny and made aliens helmets out of tin foil just so...ya know, they could communicate with the aliens that might show up.... :)





 ^The lighting was so weird leading up the the eclipse.  When the sun got totally covered, it looked like someone turned the lights down on the whole earth at once!


 ^This doesn't touch the majesty of it...but this is the 360 degree sunset!


^Solar Eclipse Mask we made for Eliza :)

No comments:

Post a Comment