Marsh Lake

August 2017

My family has gone to Marsh Lake off and on in the Uintahs since I was a toddler.  Whenever the words "Marsh Lake" are said, memories of fishing with my dad, fresh mountain air, exciting treasure hunts, canoeing, hearing my mom and Aunt Sherol laugh, and campfire fun fill my mind.

Even though camping with little ones is definitely more work than relaxation (I don't know how my mom and dad did it with 7 little kids), I was happy I got to spend a few days in the mountains with my little family, dad, and some of my siblings' families.  I had to remind myself that wonderful memories were being made, even when we didn't sleep for 2 days with crying babies.  But I will miss these times, right?! :)

The kids were in heaven playing and building with the sticks and logs they found.  My favorite moment was on the last day when my family sat by the lake and waded in it, taking in the last of the fresh mountain air for a few days.  Til' the next time we meet, good bye Ol' Marsh Lake.

Oh and a little side note...my sister-in-law Katie came camping with her 4 little kids at 8 months pregnant!  She is such a trooper.  Can't say I would have been that brave!

 ^We had to have a cheesy maternity photoshoot!

 ^Bensy loved playing on the logs.  As a result, he came home with one very scraped up nose that took months to heal because he just couldn't leave it alone!



 ^The "cabin" that the kids spent many hours on.  






No comments:

Post a Comment