Let's Go Fly a Kite {2 years later}



Tuesday, April 15, 2014

After a few days of having a sick bug at our house, we needed to get out.  The wind was blowing outside so we decided on kite flying.

As we got to the park, we tried to fly the kite, but it was just too windy!  The kite would get up in the air, but the fierce wind would make it come barreling down.  Blaine and I decided it just was not safe to have a kite plummeting down towards our babies.

So we resorted to other things.  Afton found a pile of dirt and sat down and started playing in it.  Almost immediately I had a flash back to 2 years ago, when we took Hyrum (who at that time was the same age Afton is now) to fly a kite.  As I stared at Afton, and thought back to the way Hyrum looked, I saw so many similarities.  People are always telling me how similar they look, yet sometimes, (I think because I see all the little details of them), I can't see that they look alike.

But tonight I saw it.  Here is a photo of 2 years ago and tonight.  Enjoy!

HYRUM BOY



AFTON GIRL



Love the way this little girl sports this coat!  She is adorable in anything, but there is something about the floofy, frilly things on her that just make me smile!

Similarities Between Hyrum and Afton:  Both like to play in the dirt at this age, their eyes, the way they look off in the distance at things, their cheeks

Differences Between Hyrum and Afton:  Their noses, their hands, their eyebrows

No comments:

Post a Comment